Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Month 6: Goals and Accomplishments

Wow, 6 months old already...in another 6 months we will be celebrating his first birthday. CRaZy!!! So much happens so fast that sometimes you don't have enough time to enjoy it!

What has Boo Boo accomplished in Month 5?
  • Eats like a pro now! He LOVES food like no other! He will now open his mouth when he sees the spoon. Just this week he started to grab at the spoon and help guide it to his mouth. haha. (All I did was feed him with a spoon.)  **Goal of mine**
  • Can play peek a boo! He pulls his blankey up over his face, than laughs as he pulls it down and you can "peek a boo!!" He loves playing it! So darn cute! (Just gave him his own blanket to play with and played with him.)  **Not a Goal of mine**
  • He is really starting to get into toys now and grabs them (and phones haha).  (Just kept giving him toys to play with)  **Goal of Mine**
  • Can sit really good, but you still need to be right there as he still topples over. Gets better by the week!!! (Just kept working with him, putting him in front of a mirror as helped a lot!)  **Goal of Mine**
  • When either on back or tummy he can turn (as in turn directions from facing the wall to door, etc) and he is kind of scooting, but not really just yet.  (It's a working progress, but I keep giving him tummy time and letting him have flat back time to kick around and move that way)  **Goal of Mine**
  • Feet to mouth. He can bring his feet all the way up tries to eat them. (Just encouraged him to play with his feet)  **Not Goal of Mine**
What I think Boo Boo can accomplish in month 6:
  • Sit great unsupported. He gets better by the day. Just keep working at it.
  • Scooting/starting to crawl. I really want him to crawl, so he gets as much tummy time as he lets me before he starts screaming.
  • sleep good at night, only waking up a few times. He still wakes up 3-4 times and I think it can get better.
  • Say another word. He hasn't said a new word in a few months, so I think it is time for a new one :)
  • Recognize a few baby sign language words. It is hard, but I will keep at it because I think it will be good for him.
  • play with his toys more. He is finally starting to get into them, so I will just keep letting him play.
Realistic goals for Month 6:
  •  Sit unsupported. Today alone he sat for at least 10 minutes (with me sitting behind him) before he toppled over, so he is getting better by the day!
  • Scooting. I think if he isn't crawling, he can hopefully be scooting! I can't wait!!!
  • Say another word. He loves to talk!
Overall, I have a smaller number of goals this month because learning to be mobile takes a lot of work and so that is basically what we will work on! I want him to learn to be more independent but know I am here for him as well! I hope that as spring comes, we can start taking a few walks in the stroller and have fun!

6 more months until he's a year! AHHH!!!!! :) 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment