Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Gas Pains

Well, Boo Boo is up screaming in horrible gas pains with hubby trying to get some gas out for him I am so done with this. I am calling dr again Monday. Something isn't right. It's times like these I can kick myself for giving up breastfeeding....but that's a whole different post there.

Best ways to get his gas out:
  • Bring his knees up to his stomach for 10 seconds at a time (with pushing down onto his stomach)
  • Do bicycles with his legs
  • Put him on his tummy and kinda rock him

Anyways, my goal is to get him out of pain from this gas. I need some answers.
I already:
  • Give him gas drops
  • Changed his bottles to the Playtex airvente ones
  • Move his legs a lot
  • Changed to Gentlease formula.

So I hope I get some answers Monday....I really do.
Now that I am thinking about it, he was super gassy when he nursed as well, just not like this...
I hate when it wakes him because it is so hard to calm him back to sleep. He's been up about 20 minutes now screaming. I tried, now hubby is. Oh wait, he's back...with the only thing that soothes him...a bottle. And hubby just told him he shouldn't have given up nursing. Yep Boo Boo, I told you that bottle isn't better than mama....;p
I will beat you gas! Now go away and let my Boo Boo sleep!!!!
Goodnight and wish me luck...

5 comments:

  1. Have you thought about taking him to a chiropractor? Jasmine's chiropractor charged us $30 to adjust her and it helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, no. I didn't think about that. Any info on what to look for in a good one? hmmm...I will definitely look into that and let everyone know. Thanks Sonya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried giving him a probiotic? My job, some health food stores, and Vitamin Shoppe (among lots of online retailers) sell infant probiotic drops or probiotic powder that can be added to formula. It might help him. I take a daily probiotic to help with my celiac disease, it really helps with stomach upset and gas.

    I also like the chiropractor idea. I hear nothing but good things about taking infants to a chiropractor. It seems to help a lot of people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I think I will try that, thanks Randi!
    Hubby totally shot down the chiropractor idea before I could explain it...oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want, I can see if we have any decently priced infant probiotics while I'm on break here at work. The guy in that department says they were the only thing that would work for his kids.

    That sucks that he shot down the idea! A lot of people are afraid that the chiropractor will hurt the baby. Too bad that he won't try it out.

    ReplyDelete